View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't really do resolutions. I have things that I always see as important, and I try to work on those as needed. I was really thinking about having a word this year...but so far there are too many I'm thinking of!

2011 was turning out to be a good year. I turned 50, but didn't get to do anything since my dh was up in Alaska working. I was just happy there was work for him there, money to pay bills, money to put aside for a trip, because in February we celebrate 30 years.

That all took a turn when Rick started feeling sick and finally had to come home in early December. So far the neurologist thinks it's GBS, but it could be something else. He will finally have a lumbar puncture on Tuesday, so hopefully we'll have answers soon. Needless to say, we won't be taking our trip to Italy for our anniversary now. Money set aside will have to pay for medical bills...even with insurance, the treatment (if needed) is extremely expensive.

We put my mom into a nursing home too in 2011. She has Alzheimers. It's been very hard on my dad and I usually try to fly up once a month to see them and make sure everything is ok. I'm not sure how often I'll be able to get up there this year, but I'll be trying at least every other month.

I have some home projects that seem to be on the list for every year and don't get done. Rick promised me they'd be done this year (obviously not knowing that he'd be getting sick). I'm trying to hold him to them though! LOL!!