View Single Post
Old 09-27-2015, 01:04 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I try to tell the story behind the story.

e.g.

If I'm scrapping a birthday photo, anyone seeing it is going to figure out that it is a birthday photo, right? Whomever it is is also going to see whether the birthday person is a boy or gurl, approximately what age they are, etc. etc.

I try to tell the story that the photo cannot... like why is this particular birthday/party special, what made the birthday person especially happy/sad/mad/frustrated this year, or what I want the birthday person to know/remember that may not be obvious from the photo(s) I scrapped.

I include a lot of 'ooshy-gooshy' in my journaling, too. What kid doesn't like hearing how much his/her mom loves him/her, right?! Besides that, my voice/perspective is impossible to gather from simply looking at a photo. Why did I take a photo at this second at this angle? What did I see as important/meaningful and why?

The only person who can tell my story is me. If I don't do it, who will? If I believe in my story and my kids' story enough to scrap it, why wouldn't I journal it, too?