Thread: Mommy guilt
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 10:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfiemountiewife View Post
What it seems like, she's just SO enthralled with the world, with life that it totally distracts her. So if she had to sit and print, well, maybe she'd miss something. Everything excites her, makes her happy, like today, the sun was shining, and she was so darn excited. Every day that the sun shines, it's like the very first time she has ever seen it. I often say I wish I could see the world that way. Every time she sees a butterfly, it's like the most amazing thing in the world just happened. I wish you all could see her, literally you smile when you see her, because she is always smiling. There is never a dull moment here, she is funny.

ETA regarding holding her back, that just isn't done here. Everyone sends their kids to school on time, regardless. If it were done even occasionally, it would be a thought I would consider. I actually don't even know if we are allowed.
Now that sounds more like my almost-5 year old, who has no special needs but drives me crazy with the number of times I have to remind him to do things because there are so many other interesting things around. I've never had much success working with him on skills because he's much more interested in imaginative play and being active. Even though he can be distractable and only want to do his own thing at home, at school he focuses and does wonderfully. I hope your DD turns out to be the same!

I didn't know that starting K late was just a US-thing. If everyone starts 'on time' there, then she'll probably have other young kids in her class, too. And they can change so much in a year. I can't believe the change in my older DS from a year ago. So many of the things I'd been worried about for years with him are non-issues now.