View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 10:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

DH and I aren't really dog people, and he's allergic to cats and won't do most other pets. So when our daughter was begging for a pet daily last year, I managed to convince him that we should get her fish. Worst pet decision ever! They're a lot more work than we expected, and since they're not exactly interactive the kids lost interest very quickly.

In July we had to replace a few fish who'd died, and the pet store sold us one fish who was pregnant. (Long story short, I'm pretty sure they knowingly sold us a very pregnant fish even though they knew that we had a small tank and were purchasing only 1 gender in an attempt not to have babies and overcrowding.) Because of the 12 surviving babies, our tank ended up very overcrowded. Keeping it clean and the fish healthy was time consuming and ultimately impossible. Ten months later we're down to only 1 fish left. Let's just say there won't be any disappointment here when his number is finally up! I'd consider a pet like a hamster or guinea pig and I know Lauren still wants one, but since DH is antiodent we'll probably never have another pet.

Last edited by rach3975; 05-16-2017 at 11:00 PM.