View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 07:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

We currently have 2 dogs. Mabel, a 1-1/2 yr old mixed breed, and Henry, a 4 month old Mastiff/Boxer mix. Love them both. This pic was taken when we first brought Henry home (15 weeks old in this photo)

Plus we have 4 fantail goldfish and an algae-eating sucker fish (not sure what they are exactly called).

I've had cats and loved them, but our last one died in February, and we aren't planning to adopt any more at this time. It's nice to be litterbox free. Plus with 2 dogs in the house, that's enough.

The fantail goldfish that I've owned have all done well. The hermit crabs that I got from the beach lived good long lives as well. The ones from Petco/Petsmart, not so much.

Regretting pets? Many fish that didn't make it. LOL.
A gerbil that was gifted to me from a friend who was told she was buying 2 males...one wound up being a female. Which of course led to babies. That she ate. I was given mean mama gerbil as a classroom pet. After taking her in, she had another baby. She didn't eat it, but she wouldn't nurse it either. It broke my heart to see her tiny little baby try to nurse on the cage they were in. It eventually died. The mama had seizures, and I found out that approximately 25% of pet store gerbils and hamsters have epilepsy, probably due to inbreeding.