View Single Post
Old 01-18-2024, 11:35 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I read a lot last year - 58 books, which is the most that I've ever read in one year. Usually I read 10, 12 books.

I'm behind the eight ball on some of these, but here are my favorites, and they are mostly historical fiction:

A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles - I loved this book because I loved the way it was written, and it was a great story. It took a couple of chapters for me to get into it because there was a lot of info to absorb, but after that, it was a quick read.

The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah - this was the first historical fiction book I've read about the Holocaust. I had a Jewish friend whose father was a prisoner in Auschwitz (he showed me the tattooed number), and they both encouraged me to read books about it (this was back in the mid 80s), and I've read probably a dozen books about it since then. This book, although fiction, really moved me. It's no wonder that it has so many reviews and is so highly rated.

The Deepest Waters by Dan Walsh - a great, moving story about a honeymoon on a ship that took a terrible turn in the 1850s. It was inspired by a true story. It was written in 2011, and the author just came out with a sequel late last year. I can't wait to read it!

I like thrillers, and this legal thriller (not scary/nightmarish)was so good! An Invisible Client by Victor Methos. I am a litigation paralegal, so it really interested me, especially because I had no idea what an "invisible" client was.

I ended 2023 by reading Heartsong by Debbie Macomber. It was her first novel, written in 1984! It is such a good story, and a quick read.

I have Fourth Wing, and that is on my list to read this year. I did not have time to read it last year. It is fun going through all of your choices, as I'm sure many of them will wind up on my reading list.

Last edited by lizziej; 01-18-2024 at 11:41 AM.