View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 12:43 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Of course, it would take me the end of the month before I saw this is what you guys were reading for the month! I finished book #3 a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed them more as the series progressed. For those asking about the Twilight references, it was kind of like a drinking game..."insert meadow scene", the parents and siblings, hang-gliding vs. flying up trees, he can play the piano!...but I was able to overlook those. Ana's "oh my" was grating and if her inner goddess did another backflip, ugh! But I liked Christian's character. His backstory was compelling and as you get into the series, you learn a lot more about him and why he is the way he is.

It was a little annoying that he couldn't be into kink just because. It had to be because of his childhood, trauma, etc. I've read plenty of romance and erotica and I've told friends who were worried about the sex scenes that the series is a pretty good intro into erotica. Like Twilight, it was a sweet love story, but instead of brooding vampires, it was a brooding billionaire. The innocent naive girl and bad boy have been done better by other authors, but it was an enjoyable read.

My pick for Christian is Michael Fassbender. Yes, he's in his mid-30s when Christian is supposed to be 28, but he's been brave enough to handle nudity ("Shame") and spanking ("A Dangerous Method"). I think he could pull it off wonderfully.

Last edited by Lindsay; 05-26-2012 at 12:56 AM.