View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 11:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I do PL as weekly pages. I think I'd get overwhelmed with monthly pages--I kind of need the push to keep most weeks on one 2-page spread. I think I'd end up with way too many pages if I tried to do it monthly and didn't have that incentive to cut out photos.

I do a 2-page spread most weeks. Once in a while I have a light week and just do 1 page, and once in a while we had so many scrap-worthy moments that I need to do 3 or 4 pages. I also scrap traditional pages with the best photos and stories. I print them all in the same photobook. Each month I do a section of pocket pages first then a section of traditional layouts. The mix is perfect for me--I have too many photos and stories to give everything its own page, but this lets me still include them.

Every year that I've done PL I've simplified further, and that's what keeps it doable for me. I have a folder of favorite embellishments. For each page, I first make it with only photos and journaling cards. Then I either pick 1 kit to embellish with or I decide to use my favorites folder. Either way, I try to limit myself to a few quick clusters and a few single elements. As of now, I think I'll be doing the same for 2018. I'm finally at the point where I can't think of ways to simplify more, at least not ways that appeal to me. The biggest time suck is sorting photos and deciding what to use, but there's just no good way around that.