Thread: San Diego???
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 12:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauramarie View Post
I do not live in San Diego but have family who live out that way. You may want to check these areas. Tierrasanta, Scripps Ranch, San Carlos, Rancho Bernardo, Carmel Mountain, Sabre Springs, Poway, La Jolla, University City, Del Mar, and Coronado.
Most of these areas are extremely expensive, even for an apartment.

You can do research on the cost of living in each of these areas. I'm not sure how much you get towards your rent each month. My brother even as an officer didn't get enough to cover his rent of a very tiny old home. That's why they grabbed the housing as soon as it was available.

Do some research on Chula Vista to see what their crime rate is. I would always prefer going more north and east rather than south towards the border. Can you guys come out and take a look at housing and the area?

I'm in Temecula which is an hour from San Diego...and even longer during traffic. I have many friends that commute every day though to SD. One takes a van pool. She's not in the Navy, but works for the Navy. She loves doing it that way though...she can sleep, read, or whatever. If she's going to need a vehicle that evening, she just drives down instead of taking the van pool. Temecula is a gorgeous community that was seriously hurt in the recession here. A lot of people lost their homes, so there are a lot of rentals now. You can rent a decent size house for the price of an apartment in SD.

Best of luck to you!