View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 02:51 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm
Default If You're Having Problems With Your Downloads...

Hey guys,

It looks like we're having issues with downloads that are pretty widespread. I'm pretty sure it has to do with a setting that was changed yesterday to make the site run better because it isn't every file in people's orders and it isnt the same files that are giving people problems either.

I'm not having any problems downloading from people's keys, so this is really frustrating, but when I have 50+ emails from people all reporting the same thing - it's a problem, so we're working on trying to figure it out.

In the meantime, here are some tips that may help you get your files...

Switch Browsers - I'm using Safari and have had no problems. I know quite a few customers who were using Internet Explorer, switched to Firefox and that solved the issue. Give it a try.

Click ONE link at a time and watch it's progress - I'm thinking our settings may not like so many connections at once - so see if if clicking one link at a time helps.

Keep trying - Try 1 may be corrupt / unzippable. Delete the file and try again. Try 2 may do the same thing. Try 3 may come down just fine.

I know this is frustrating - it's super frustrating for me too and making me crazy tbh especially since I cant duplicate it on my end - but hopefully together, we can find a fix!

Also, if you find something that works, come share it with us. If you didn't have any problems with your downloads from yesterday - would you mind telling me what browser you use and any other details you think might be helpful?

Thanks chicklets!!
Robin