View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 05:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Im just heartbroken over this and when I heard the news on Friday and picked my babies up from school I immediately started crying. My kids asked what happened so I told them. My kids have not been shielded from death- they know that they both have a brother who died and is in heaven. I wish we didnt have to talk to the kids about bad people in the world but I think we are going our kids a disservice if they are shielded so much that they don't know bad things COULD happen.

We have had the news on here and Im watching Katie right now who is talking with those families who lost their kids. When a parent is grieving over a lost child one of the things that helps the most is to know that people are listening to their story and that they care. I have been so open about losing Colin and it would hurt me deeply if someone told me they didnt want to hear about it. So I feel like Im helping those families out by hearing their stories and letting them talk about their kids. Yes it pains me deeply to see them cry but my pain is NOTHING compared to theirs.

I'm more angry over the insensitivity of people out there who ARE debating gun control and brining politics around right now. For GOD's sake- those children were MURDERED and haven't even been buried yet. There will be a time and a place for the debate BUT NOT NOW. Let that community grieve, let the parents of the children who were murdered grieve and let them bury their child before a national debate ensues.