View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 05:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have to say this is one time that I'm very glad we don't have TV. (We just watch movies occasionally and don't have dish or cable). I haven't been on Facebook as much because it just makes me so sad to hear the different things. I have read about it in the newspaper and I actually found out about it about 10 minutes after the police had been notified due to a good friend of mine being a sports reporter in that area. He had his scanner on and heard about it and texted me all morning with updates I just keep thinking about Cheyanne and all her friends when they were 6/7 and it makes me tear up each time. Also, about an hour before hearing about the shootings, my grandfather passed away Friday morning, so yeah, not a great day all around.

Cheyanne is 12 so she is fully aware of what happened. In fact, one of her teachers (social studies) let them have an open class today to discuss anything about it they wanted to discuss. I've always been open and honest with her but it has always been that way due to how her father died. As she got older she has always asked questions and I decided from the beginning that I would be honest with her and let her talk things through. I always let her direct the discussion and not tell her things she didn't ask about when she was younger whenever she heard something on the radio or at school,etc.

Okay, done rambling now...

Last edited by mariewilcox; 12-17-2012 at 05:53 PM.