View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 08:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a 3 and a 7 yo. My 3 yo isn't in school yet, but my 7 yo is in 2nd grade. He and the kids in his class are about the same ages as the victims in CT. It really makes me a little panicky to send him back to school this week. He was sick yesterday so he stayed home, today is his first day back since it happened. I hate the thought of sending him back this week. I'm glad next week is their holiday vacation! But my son's class has a field trip to a local small museum today, and they aren't accepting any chaperones because they don't need them. Makes me a little uneasy, but I have to remind myself that this museum has good security and you have to walk through metal detectors before entering.

We usually go to the mall or other larger shopping centers once a week or at least 3x a month, but I haven't even considered bringing the kids in the past few days, and I know I won't again for the rest of this month at least. I think with the Christmas rush I probably wouldn't have anyway... but especially not now. I haven't brought them back since the shooting at a mall a week or so ago.

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Last edited by rachaelsscraps; 12-18-2012 at 08:47 AM.