View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 11:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

I thought I was handling it pretty well, and then I had to send Rachel to school on Monday. She knew nothing about it...I didn't think she needed to see that on the TV. But some of the other first graders came in after having watched it all over the news the entire weekend...one went so far as to describe the gunman 'blowing kids heads off'. So of course everyone got very upset, kids were crying, and the teachers had to sit the kids down and talk with them.
Rachel didn't have much to say about it to me, until bedtime Monday. And then it was 'what if...' Hard talk to have with her...I thought the sex talk was going to be the toughie.
Anyway, we got through it, and things were feeling better...and then I picked her up today and found out they had to spend the day on lockdown because there were rumors flying around the high school that one of the students was planning a massacre at Rachel's school on Friday. Police found no evidence...it was a 'he said that he said that he said...' kind of thing. But that's not really helping me feel much better about sending her to school on Friday.