View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 02:37 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have to say that although I've been mostly digi scrapping for a few years now, I do still buy A LOT of paper supplies for card-making and other crafty projects. And this year I started Project Life with mostly traditional paper supplies (although there's a lot of hybrid thrown in too) and even though I love digi layouts, there's NO WAY I could go all digi and get rid of all my paper scrapping supplies. Doing Project Life has made me realize how much I really need that hands-on creative outlet. I just don't feel the same creative energy on the computer. I know this isn't true for everyone, but for me I need to actually create something with my own hands in order to fulfill that need. I'm not sure if that makes sense? I'm a hybrid girl at heart - I've never fully 100% embraced digi - and this is the reason. I am sold on the digi world because of the convenience, the relative financial benefits, and the availability of product (when you live on a small island in the middle of the Pacific, shopping for scrapbooking supplies is extremely limited and shipping is expensive!). But I also think paper scrapbooking will always be around - for the memory keeping like Mary said, but also because there are a lot of scrapbookers out there who really thrive on having that creative outlet, and moving images around on a computer screen just doesn't feel the same! Thank goodness for hybrid - the best of both worlds!