View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 02:46 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by eranslow View Post
So those who have sold their paper goodies - what worked the best for you? I tried selling my stuff at a garage sale and only ended up selling 1 set of alpha stickers and my giant Making Memories alpha stamps. I have a TON of stuff left. Should I just put up the whole entire stash in craigslist for a set price? Impart your knowledge on dear little me
Erin, when I've "purged" my supplies periodically to get rid of old product, I've actually had really good luck at our garage sales. But I advertised on Craigslist beforehand. I'd specifically put an add both in the garage sale section AND in whatever section it is that's for crafts / hobbies / whatever it is. I'd put them there about 5 days before the sale and then again the day before. I'd just briefly list an overview of what all I'm getting rid of and try to include brand names (tons of 12x12 paper, Stampin' Up stamp sets, lots of Prima flowers, American Crafts thickers, ribbon, die-cutting dies, and tons of other scrapbooking embellishments.)

I also priced things pretty cheap. I mostly was getting rid of stuff to make room and I have to just force myself not to think about how much the stuff cost originally. It was either sell it for cheap and make a little money or get rid of it for free. Then when the garage sale was over I donate what's left to my son's school. In my experience teachers LOVE getting scrapbooking paper and stickers especially - my son's school uses them in the writing center and for creative projects, etc. I've done this at 2 different garage sales and done really well, got rid of A LOT of stuff.