Thread: scraplifts
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 04:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula View Post
I always feel incredibly honored that someone liked my layouts enough to scraplift.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica31876 View Post
I wouldnt ask them first but I might send a note and tell them how much I loved their layout with a link to the lifted layout. I have only had a few people lift layouts from me and it was always really an honor honestly they liked something about my layout enough to lift it. I think the only time someone would be offended or upset is if you directly copied a layout or created a layout with no mention of the original layout in your credits. Scraplifting is really nothing more then using a layout as inspiration and really who could be upset that their creation inspired another person to create something? Thats one of the cool things about this hobby is the community and the sharing
And this. :-)

I don't think asking for permission is needed - actually, I never know in advance I'd be scraplifting someone, it just happens. Also, there are loads of things around us that inspire us, you can't ask everyone for permission. But it's nice to let people know that you liked their LO and scraplifted it (and credited, of course). I think that settles it. :-)

Last edited by adrianka; 02-08-2011 at 04:37 AM.