View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 08:24 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by guikrazy View Post
Robin, is it at all possible, given how prolific Amber was and the fact that it will ultimately lead to more money for her family, that her store be extended through till the end of summer that way it will give people more time to purchase more of her kits? This is a shock to everyone and she has so many kits that people want to get but it truly is a lot to try and purchase at one time, especially this time of year.
Hi there,

Because similar questions have come in via email, I'll just go ahead and share my thoughts here.

While I can appreciate what you guys are saying on a personal level, an executor to her estate has not been named at this time, and may not be named for many weeks to come. It is because of this that we’ve made the decision that we have.

We simply do not have the legal authority to sell Amber's products indefinitely. Once an executor has been named officially, they will be able to access and distribute the income she earns over the next 30 days without Sweet Shoppe Designs being held accountable for the “rightful” party getting those funds. At this time, the rightful party is Amber’s estate which is what we are choosing to honor.

I’d ask that you trust us that a great deal of thought has gone into this decision, and that we're doing the best that we can under incredibly difficult circumstances while trying to support the family's wishes for fundraising efforts in any way that we can.

Thanks for your understanding,

Robin