Thread: Mommy guilt
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 03:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfiemountiewife View Post
Thanks guys, she is so much littler than my other two were going into preschool, and she just seems so YOUNG, kwim? I appreciate the comments, you all make me feel better.
HUGS sweetie! I went through this with mine too... I have 2 girls and DD1 is VERY bright and very advanced, so it was very difficcult for us not to compare DD2 to her sister. But, Regan is just fine... just where she should be developementally, she's just not hugely advanced like her sister.

Remember too, with the youngest, they'll always look tiny in your eyes. They'll always seem more like a baby because you kinda want them to STAY a baby. Poor Regan rolls her eyes at me all the time cuz she's still "my baby". lol

From what I've read about developemental milestones, it sounds to me like your sweetie is doing just fine for her age. Remember that the changes children make during their 3rd year are huge! For me, the difference in both my girls between age 3 and age 4 was amazing. They seem to grow up "over night" in that year.

I hope you realize it's NOT all your fault. She IS doing fine and I'm will to bet, that as soon as she gets in school, with other kids her age, you're going to be SHOCKED at how quickly she changes.