View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 10:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaK View Post
Is the Sabina Kane Series finished? I am behind on reading it. I think I have the 3rd book in my Kindle to read -- and the next book is already out. I like the series -- it is not a huge favorite of mine -- but I continue to read it -- so I must like it.

The Dark Swan Series by Richelle Mead is complete now. Although I think she should have written one more book -- but she says it is done. It is a really great series. Very addicting! Ms. Mead also has the Georgina Kincaid Series which is another really great set of books. That series is finished as well.
The final Sabina Kane book (#5) came out in May. I'm behind on most of the series that I started reading before they were complete. I'm a book or 2 behind on Sookie Stackhouse and 2 behind on the Kate Daniels series, and I may just wait until they're finished and then read the rest back to back.

Richelle Mead is one of my all-time favorite authors. I love the Georgina Kincaid series and the Vampire Academy books. I agree that Dark Swan should have gone 1 more book. Some of Eugenie's choices at the end of the series ruined it for me, but I think she would have redeemed herself if there'd been 1 more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
I'm currently reading two...the latest Kim Harrison's "A Perfect Blood" - a series that hasn't suffered with time like Anita Blake or Sookie Stackhouse.
I'm debating what to do about the The Hollows series. I didn't like 9 as much as everyone else seemed to, and I think it's because I've forgotten so much of what happened in the earlier books. I may need to reread them all before I read any more.

Another series that I think has held up remarkably well is Yasmine Galenorn's Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon series. There are 11 out so far and at least 4 to come. I think one thing that has helped that series stand up over time is that there are 3 different sisters who take turns narrating them (1 narrator per book). Yasmine does a wonderful job keeping the main story consistent through all the books while making each sister's voice and personal life so different that the series never feels stuck or repetitive.

Last edited by rach3975; 07-16-2012 at 11:34 PM.