View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 09:51 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

In 2013, I did one digital PL page per week. This year, I am doing one digital two page PL spread per week. It makes no sense to my brain to have separate PL albums + traditional albums, so all my pages are together in chronological order. My 2013 album is complete (in part because I end PL on Thanksgiving Day and only do December Daily to finish the year).

For 2015, I am taking a cue from Shimelle and doing 2 page spreads that incorporate a traditional 12x12 page + a pocket page. So far, I'm envisioning this as picking one moment/story from the week to elaborate on with the traditional page. This is kinda what I already do since my pages are mixed together, but the difference (in my mind, anyways -- ha!) is that I will be matching up stories with the best page to tell them vs. 'forcing' myself to fill up a two page spread every week. I will also be playing around with different insert-size pages.

For instance, if we have a week celebrating someone's birthday, I see my PL as being a 12x12 pocket page with bday-centric photos, a front-and-back 6x12 insert with non-bday events/photos from the week, and then a traditional 12x12 page with 1 or 2 of the best bday photos and journaling describing the party, gifts, etc. On a normal week or a week with little going on, I may only have one insert-size pocket page.

Does that make sense at all?!