View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 12:54 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I using a paper planner. I've tried so many calendar and list making apps, and when life was less busy they worked fine. But a year and a half ago (right about the time I went back to work) I threw in the towel and went back to a paper planner. It works much better for me. I use it to keep track of appointments and special days, things I need to get done, work commitments, and school/activity calendars.

I love the way pages look decorated, but I'm very hit or miss with it. Over the summers, when I'm not teaching and have more free time, I do some decorating with washi and a few stickers. When life is busy, I don't decorate at all. I like the way my planner looks decorated more than I like the actual decorating, so for 2016 I did something different. I digiscrapped 12 undated inserts, one for each month. Then I got a year's worth printed. So I have 1 design for all of Jan, 1 for Feb, etc. I think it will be the perfect compromise for me, having pretty pages to use without having to put in the weekly work to make them that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap2day View Post
What do you do with tasks that don't get finished on a certain day? Do you leave them and go back or do you transfer them to the next day?
I use a week-on-2-pages system. So as long as I'm still on that 2-page spread, I leave things on their original day and know I will see them. If something hasn't gotten done by the time I need to turn the page, that's when I transfer it. Some of the planner girls I follow on Instagram like to put their more fluid to dos on a post it. Then if they don't get done, they just move the post it over.

Last edited by rach3975; 12-30-2015 at 12:56 AM.