Thread: PS CS5 vs PS CC
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 12:43 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
That was me. I can’t see paying to ‘rent’ a program when I paid for my CS5.
If you have a free year it definitely makes sense to use it, but I wonder how hard it will be to make yourself go back to CS5 later. There are some features of CC that I don't think I'd be able to give up after I got used to them.

The subscription is part of why I'm still using CS6. We have other subscription software, like Microsoft Office. But for some reason it seems different with CC. Maybe because I'm the only one who uses it, unlike MS Office. Part of it is also how they're used. Between work and school, someone here will always be using Word and Excel. But if I go through a long scrapping slump, I'm going to have to choose between paying for a program I'm not using and having no access to Photoshop. I bought my CS6 with an education discount, so the entire thing cost me what a single year of CC would cost. But here I am on year 4 or so of using CS6.

I looked into Affinity Photo recently to see if it was coming to Android, and it turns out it's a full graphics program for PCs and Macs that's meant to be a challenger for Photoshop. As of now it's $40 to buy, no subscription. I'm planning to keep using CS6 until it stops being compatible with a future computer--I don't know if that will happen in 1 year or 5. But when the time comes, I may research Affinity Photo again and give it a try before committing to CC.