View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 03:52 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Sorry, it's a little not so little note. 😬

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
Adi, what kind of dog did you get to help your son's anxiety? We're thinking of getting a dog to help my son with his depression/anxiety, but haven't decided on a breed yet.
I hope things get better with your son. I pray that his depression won't last for too long and that he finds himself comfortable again. Sometimes it's just a cycle or a phase in life that makes us feel depressed, sad and lonely, some other times is much more than that but people seem to forget that no everyone is born knowing how to stay and be happy 24/7. Happiness is something that not all of us know how to approach and achieve.

Be patient, give him lots of love but if he asks for space give it to him*, but always keep an eye on him. Remind him with loving and caring acts that you love him so much. Sometimes a hug without words it's a really magical yet healing act and can do wonders to our souls. Let him cry if he wants to cry, let him scream if he wants to scream. Tell him he has done an amazing effort, that he's worth, that he's irreplaceable, that he is unique and that he's one of the few reasons you exist.

* But as an adult I say, ALWAYS stay alert. There could be people surrounding him taking advantage of his state of mind. Also do not accept everything he wants to do, because he could regret it later on. Be wise. Use words as "I will consider that" instead of a big "no". A "no" right away can put so much distance between you two. Have faith. God will never ever let you down.☝️

Depression without the proper treatment can destroy. I don't mean that you take him to the doctor right away, I mean all of you need to stay there for him.

Depression can make us lonely. We can be surrounded by a huge crowd of people and still feel alone and unworthy.

Depression is not for always and forever. It takes courage and effort and so much patience and of course, love and support.

From your photos I see he is so young 😥 and I wish with all my heart that things get better. 💖 May his days get brighter and calm.

HE IS SO VALUABLE, HE CAN OVERCOME THIS HARD PHASE. ⭐️💝

I tell you all of this as I am someone who has dealt with a monstrous depression as a consequence of being a victim of domestic violence for 16 years being hit by my dad.

When I was in junior high, 14 years ago, depression worsened, my thoughts were killing me so I personally seeked for help at school. I considered suicide as an easy way out. Life was so miserable. The therapist at school recommended my parents get me a pet. So weird, here in Mexico mental health doesn't have any value at all.😞 "Kids are lying", "she wants attention" that's what they usually say 😠. Anyways, my mom got me a very loyal Labrador Retriever 😍💖She's so lovable from day one till forever. My mom says my pet knows she came to this world to help me 'cause the three times I was at the hospital for more than a week, her behavior changed, she got anxious and frustrated and even cried her heart out for me 😅.

It is one of the breeds that is considered best companion for depressed people. 😍 She really has helped me cope with those hard moments in life. Sometimes I find it too hard to talk to someone about how I really feel, you know, we, depressed people are very conscious of ourselves and afraid of someone judging us for not taking our words as truth, for looking down on our feelings.

It takes time. When I was in high school did horrible things to my body to stop that feeling. Let's just say that God gave a second chance. 🙌 After 10 years from that dark episode in life, I can say depression will never ever win over me. 💪 Depressed days might come and go, but it's just temporary now and I've learned that it is okay to feel down, I've found crying is a therapy itself 🤷*♀️ but there's this greater feeling when you stand up for your own self. 👆 God has granted me forgiveness as well has let me forgive my dad and it feels amazing being free.🕊 🤩