View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 10:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Heather, the shadowing actually is pretty easy and intuitive! You can choose the distance from the original object (and I guess the direction, too), the color, and the opacity (more or less transparent). I figured this one out in no time!

I just don't see myself really using the shadowing feature a lot because doing hybrid or craft projects, the shadows come automatically (duh!) and will look natural by default (double duh!, lol). The only difference is what I saw in a tutorial not too long ago: to create shadow for text (someone did that on a chalk board background in a tutorial and I found that pretty cool, but she just used the old software, duplicated the text, recolored it etc.,) so, doing pretty much the same what the new shadowing feature can do, and it didn't take that much longer either! I guess you could do the same with any object, so really, the shadowing feature isn't that big of an improvement either.

What I really would have liked to see is some photo editing options, if only basic (like exposure [lighter, darker] etc.).