View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 02:19 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

My Spot!!! YAY!!!! Can't wait to do this...

TOTAL: 44 pts.

1 - These funny and odd compliments remind me of my children and their “compliments”. Create a page using one of these as your inspiration or use an odd compliment of your own. - 2 pts

2 - Calendars aren’t just for Project Life! Create a non-project life page using a
calendar prominently. - 2 pts

4 - Arrows are a huge trend this year! Work at least 10 different arrows into your page! - 2 pts

5 - Romero Britto uses so many patterns and colors in his art! Using his work as your inspiration, create a page with at least 10 different patterned papers and no solids! - 2 pts

6 - Scalloped edges have always been a fave here at SSD! Use scallops on your next page as a nod to your favorite sweet spot! - 2 pts

8 - Opening day of baseball is April 1st! Create a page about a sport or using a sports themed kit! - 2 pts

9 - Use this image from Martha Stewart Crafting as a sketch for your layout. - 2 pts

10 - Jacinda mentions bravegirlsclub.com in her “Scrap Like a Sugarbabe” tutorial. Use one of these quotes as the title or theme of a layout. Don’t forget to note the inspiration in your credits. - 2 pts
Inspiration: "You are worth taking care of."

12 - Check out this blog post on mixing your colored and b&w photos together in one layout, and do the same on yours! Have at least four photos (either different ones or one replicated) on your layout. - 2 pts

13 - We love these various simple ways to play with a font. Try at least two techniques on your next layout. - 2 pts.

14 - April is National Poetry Month! Check out this massive resource of poetry categorized by topic and use one on a layout. If you’re feeling brave and creative, try a few verses of your own! - 2 pts
Sonnet CXVI by William Shakespeare

15 - Take your age (or a family member’sage) and use the number as a part of your journaling. For example, 27 reasons I love Pride & Prejudice, or 34 Ways I Am Awesome, etc. Be creative and have fun with it! - 2 pts
My son is five!

17 - Everyone is famous for something! Tell us what you or one of your family members are famous for by creating a layout that highlights their/your claim to fame. - 2 pts

18 - Use this quote as inspiration to scrap about a tough time that has made you stronger, wiser or happier. Try to really tell your story with your journaling. - 2 pts

20 - April is Lawn and Garden Month. Put lots of flowers and greenery on your page! - 2 pts.

23 - This layout by Shanna is so gorgeous. I love the stark whiteness with black line art and just a tiny pop of teal. Challenge yourself to use white as your main color for your layout (at least 75%!), everything else must be black with a tiny pop of color. - 2 pts

25 - Use one of these inspiring thoughts as the basis of your page. - 2 pts (Use stapled tags on your page and earn a bonus point too!)
Thought used: "You are unlimited"

26 - John Green is one of my favorite authors and internet personalities. Use this blog full of quotes from his books as inspiration for your next layout. Be sure to share which quote inspired you too! - 2 pts
John Green Quote: "It always shocked me when I realized I wasn't the only person in the world who thought and felt such strange and awful things"

27 - Capturing where you are using the idea of photographing where you’re actually standing absolutely captivates me. Use this fantastic inspiration from the Dear Lizzy blog to photograph a series of photos and create
your next layout. - 2 pts

28 - “April Showers bring May Flowers.” For some reason, there’s nothing that makes me think spring more than umbrellas so I want to see you use umbrellas on your next page. Photographs or elements, make an umbrella the star of the show! - 2 pts

29 - Recipe Challenge: use terrab’s awesome page as inspiration to create a page that has the following items on it: a chevron pattern, arrows, 8 Flowers (no more, no less), a journal card, and 2 photos. - 2 pts

32 - By The Numbers: This year we’re focusing on creating a collection of layouts that tell our story in numbers. This month we want you to focus on quantity! How many apps do you have on your smartphone? How many times have you said “I love you” today? Is there another quantity that’s meaningful to you? Scrap it and make sure to really put the focus of your page on the numerical quantity of something in your life! - 2 pts

Last edited by Nixenkind; 04-20-2013 at 05:36 AM.