View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 10:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
Ugh. Trash is the worst. Reminds me of being a kid and throwing my retainer away and having to dig through the trash to find it.

One time I bought airplane tickets for 12:30...or so I thought. Only to arrive for check in and discover that 12:30 was the arrival time. And since we live on an island, there was no other option but to buy new tickets right then. I still feel sick when I think about it, but now, at least, I am super obsessive about checking the date and time!

Last year when my husband went home for his dad's wedding (we live in the Philippines), he left his passport in the copier at home (because you know it's really important to have a photocopy of your passport...NOT) and got all the way to Manila, on another island, before he realized he'd left it behind. We paid more for his one way ticket that day than we had for his round trip ticket. I really wanted to just tell him to come back home, since the natural consequence is that you don't get to go to america if you don't pack your passport, but I sucked it up and bought him that new ticket.
I haaaaaate that feeling when you realize you left something impt at home, or at the store, or whatever. And garbage really is the worst. On top of the regular trash, someone had FINALLY thrown their real Christmas Tree away and all the branches and needles were stabbing me. For crying out loud!