View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 07:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by k23m View Post
Do you just use it straight, as a deoderant, or is there a recipe? I want to ditch store deoderant...just figuring out what to use in its place.
At first, I was mixing up a recipe that included some kind of powder - cornstarch, maybe. My skin got really dark and irritated after a couple of months and I switched to just plain organic virgin coconut oil. Honestly, I was surprised at first that the homemade deodorant worked, but it really has. It's just a deodorant, though, not an antiperspirant. That took a bit of getting used to. I haven't had problems with a lot of sweat, it's just a bit sticky at times. And, I really think that I've been sweating less now that my body is allowed to work the way it's supposed to and not being blocked by the antiperspirants.

My hubby teases me sometimes about how "crunchy granola" I've gone, but I feel a lot better knowing that I'm not using a product with aluminum since that has been linked to breast cancer. I've tried a brand of natural deodorant and, frankly, I like my coconut oil better.