View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 04:17 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

This is my first Sweet Shoppe challenge I've done so, I don't have much of a stash built up yet to choose from, so I started backwards for my challenge. I usually start with a photo, then find the perfect kit for it, but instead I started with a kit and found the perfect photo for it. I am very big on making the kit color scheme match the picture, so I was deliberate in searching for an older photo that matched not only the vintage look of the kit, but also had some of the colors accented in it. I found this photo from 17 years ago when I walked out and found my family sitting on the couch reading. I caught this candid photo of them all together. My mom's dress matches the kit color scheme perfectly. The accent elements are a key, reading glasses, and a faded picture of a girl reading. To tie all those together, I chose a title "Books are Keys," and also did a fade effect around my photo to tie in the faded girl accent. I was also deliberate in my title's drop shadow to make it pop since that is what ties all the pieces together cohesively.
[IMG]https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/gallery/data/690/Books_are_Keys.jpg[/IMG]