View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I don't have any kids, so I can't really offer much help. But if it makes you feel a bit better:

My mom was never really a mom who played with us a lot when we were older than toddlers. She was there, cared for us, we showed her our drawings ect, but I cannot remember a lot of occasions that we sat down together "doing" special things. That was more me and the Barbie dolls, or me and my sister or me, sister and barbie dolls (for some reason that last combination never went too well). Yet it never occured to me she might be anything less than super mom.

And we are super close still. I always told her everything and in a few minutes I'm driving to her place to entertain her after a surgery, because she "feels bored". After a work day. With unfinished business on my desk. Because I love my mom to pieces.

I am very sure that's how it will always be with you and Ce as well. Feeling loved is the thing that matters most.

As for the daddy-manly time: Is there some uncle or grandfather or someone like that who can take him out to go fishing or building things or whatever boys do when on their own?