View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 08:46 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to yari

Oh like the others said you are definitely not alone! I feel this way so much too because I too dedicate a lot of time to designing (and I have 4 kiddos!).

The truth is La that we oftentimes compare our own reality (and our worst self) to what we *think* is other people's *best reality*. I bet if you were to go up to one of those moms she would tell you she's right there with you! And if she doesn't, then she's on something. LOL!

Anyway, if setting aside one day per week is stressful, what if you do 1 hour a week where you play a game with him, or take him to the park, or go on a walk or bike ride, or go for ice cream? Or even doodle, but make it something that would be fun for BOTH of you because if it's not fun for you too, it's not gonna go far (I know from experience). But do it consistently, like the same day of every week do the one hour and see how that goes. But you have to stick to it. It might not work the first couple of times or even more (and amazingly he may even reject it but really that's negative attention) but go, just do it. Then come back and report mama.