View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 03:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

There is a supermom in one of my girls classes, and I was just telling dh about this! lol. For the girls valentines day party tomorrow, I get a note from each of their teachers - one asks for volunteers to bring in juice, plates, napkins, cookies, cupcakes, or other little treat... the other says a parent has already got everything covered, but if we want to send in a little treat to be passed out with valentines, we can LOL. So one of my girls always brings home goodie bags and lots of cool treats from school parties that this supermom sends in, and the other doesn't

I had just mentioned it to dh about how it makes me feel like I don't volunteer enough, and feel guilty that my kids aren't the one with the awesome super mom.

It's obvious from this thread that us moms aren't alone feeling like this now and then! I always heard 'go outside and play' every summer day growing up. We lived on a huge farm with a creek and fields and woods to play in, so it was always fun. I don't remember my SAHM doing a lot of activities growing up, except for one, and still us kids love the memory - we had a board game called The Farming Game. It was the only game we'd get to play with our mom (Ah, this is taking me back just thinking about it!!! I'm gonna have to find that game somewhere and bring it over to her house to play - she'd love that, we all still talk about nights we've spent playing that game) - and when we got older she taught us to play a card game with 3 decks called Spite and Malice, and we'd play for chores if we lost, or our own box of our fave cereal next time we went grocery shopping. With my dad, he'd put on a Dr. Hook record and we'd all run around the living room singing and dancing, and we'd play our own made up game Bronco Billy... LOL, so dumb, I know, but they're the best memories I have of my dad. So something little you do that's special with you and ce is definately going to be remembered. And ya know what? I remember how it was always nap time/quiet time whiler her soaps were on, and sometimes she was too busy to take us somewhere she had said she would, but that's ok, because we still had fun growing up and she was always there.

Sorry for the book, I'm really going down memory lane here!!