View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 05:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
The final Sabina Kane book (#5) came out in May. I'm behind on most of the series that I started reading before they were complete. I'm a book or 2 behind on Sookie Stackhouse and 2 behind on the Kate Daniels series, and I may just wait until they're finished and then read the rest back to back.

Richelle Mead is one of my all-time favorite authors. I love the Georgina Kincaid series and the Vampire Academy books. I agree that Dark Swan should have gone 1 more book. Some of Eugenie's choices at the end of the series ruined it for me, but I think she would have redeemed herself if there'd been 1 more.

I'm debating what to do about the The Hollows series. I didn't like 9 as much as everyone else seemed to, and I think it's because I've forgotten so much of what happened in the earlier books. I may need to reread them all before I read any more.

Another series that I think has held up remarkably well is Yasmine Galenorn's Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon series. There are 11 out so far and at least 4 to come. I think one thing that has helped that series stand up over time is that there are 3 different sisters who take turns narrating them (1 narrator per book). Yasmine does a wonderful job keeping the main story consistent through all the books while making each sister's voice and personal life so different that the series never feels stuck or repetitive.
I am up to date on The Hollows Series. When I started the first book a few years ago I didn't like it much at all -- barely got through the first book. But now it is one of my faves.

Kelly Amrstrong's Women of the Otherworld (or something like that) is still going pretty strong and I think it is book 13 or 14 coming out in the next few months.

Hands down my favorite series is the Fever Series by Moning. Yeah... she pissed me off a few times while reading it -- I wish I would have waited until all the books were out before reading it. Lots of cliff hangers at the end of books.

There are a few erotica series that I read as well. Anything by Tymber Dalton is on my reading list. Sophia Oaks is another author that I read almost everything she releases. Love her western setting series -- and that sometimes the characters from one of her series will make a showing in another one of her books.

There are so many good books out there -- and not enough time to read them.

Eva Kipler
BLOGSWEET SHOPPE STORE TWITTER FACEBOOK FAN PAGE NEWSLETTER SIGNUP

♥ SNAG IF YOU ARE A FAN! ♥ ------------->