View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 07:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Exclamation They don't call me "PETA" for nothin....

so, i'm on my way to JoAnn Fabrics w/ one of my boys this afternoon.... (he wants to buy fabric to make a HAT and a shirt...uh okay), so we're driving down a busy road (like those busy 4 lane-ers) and then the traffic in front of my slows down and starts going around something, when i got up to it, i saw it was a little DOG in the street! So i stopped the car right there and got out of the car and put the dog in our car and pulled around into a parking lot. I saw he had no collar on so there was no # to call... so we headed back home w/ him. He just curled up by Josh's feet on the ride home.

So, then we get home and i open the back door and then run over to open the gate to our back yard, then i hear a THUD... then i see a LIMPING dog! OY! so i guess he must have fallen out as we was getting out!

ANYWAY so we got him in the yard... he came through the house as i got him water and food and then we realized he had FLEAS! AND A TICK! So back out he went and I called the emergency animal clinic... and they said to get Advantix flea stuff and that they could see if he was microchipped whenever i wanted to bring him in. Seriously the poor thing is COVERED in fleas, like insanely covered! i feel so bad cuz now he's just stuck outside while the flea spray does it's thing.

DH is none to pleased that we have this dog here...... what was i suppose to do though just drive around the dog and leave him to get hit by a car!?!?!? how the heck could i have done that?!?!

Anywho, so just hoping that the fleas don't infest our house and that we can get him cleared up so i can get him in my car and to the vet or whatever. W/ the amount of fleas i doubt he has an owner.. so who knows what other illnesses he might have...

send some flea free vibes our way please!
xoox
L

(aka L. Reid)