View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 07:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Okay, I'm in I never had a weight problem until after DH died. Raising a 15-yo and a 2-yo by myself after such a tragic event took everything out of me for quite a few years and I had the mentality that it didn't matter. So fast forward to 12 years and 50 pounds later and here I am. And it's not easy losing 50 pounds when you're 50+ years old!

I've been a vegetarian for 33 years so that ain't gonna change ever - LOL. 2 months ago I stopped ALL dairy and eggs and processed crap food. I've lost 13 pounds (and that includes over the holiday season!) So I'm really stoked and feel pretty darn good. That's also with no exercise other than 20 or so minutes of yoga every morning.

For me meal planning and prepping have been key - on my day off I make several meals (lunches and suppers) and portion them out into individual meals and keep them in the fridge/freezer. Here is what I made tonight in 1.5 hours (which included kitchen cleanup): Far left is Adobo Chili, which I eat over a baked potato (the dish to the right has baked sweet and white potatoes); next to that on the top is white chili; below that is broccoli, edamame, and scallions that I eat over a baked sweet potato topped with the peanut sauced pictured to the right; then on the bottom is 2 servings of Indian Peppers and Potatoes. This will be 4 days of lunch and supper, all done and ready to go into the microwave. No excuses to grab something not healthy on the way home from anywhere and I can't use the excuse of being too tired to cook/don't feel like cooking.

Last edited by mariewilcox; 01-16-2016 at 10:28 AM.