View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 06:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud
Default Need some big prayers and positivity

Kelly, my best friend of 53 years (we've literally known each other since we were 5) was diagnosed with brain cancer nearly 2 weeks ago, and the tests came back a few days ago so she now knows that she's dealing with a glioblastoma - literally the nastiest, most aggressive form of brain cancer there is. This is awful enough on its own, but it's coming on the heels of the death of her dad a few months ago. Kelly and her sister had spent the last several years taking care of him as he deteriorated from Parkinson's disease. Kelly's sister Kim was living with him as his primary caregiver, although Kelly lives just around the corner and helped out daily. I'm incredibly worried about both of them and completely heartbroken as they gear up to fight this cancer battle as best they can. Neither of them ever married, and they are each other's greatest support.

Kelly has her first meeting with the oncologist on Wednesday. My sister (a retired ER nurse) is going with them to help navigate whatever the doctor tells them.

If you're inclined to pray, please hold Kelly and Kim in your thoughts. I'm trying my best to stay positive but it's so hard. Cancer just sucks.