Thread: 2016 PLers?!
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2015, 03:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I started out with PL 2015 on a whim after seing everyone's beautiful pages. And so far I have been keeping up quite well, the longest I've fallen behind is 3 weeks, but they're mostly caught up by now, just need to add my journaling. I journal in a diary/planner and make my spreads with pictures/themed kits seperately, then when I'm happy with my spread and photo placement I'll add the kit/paper/embellishment and then last comes the journaling.

I also use the Collect app and it's helping me keep track of what pictures I took when, but I never add any journaling to the app. I can't stand writing on my phone. The journaling bit, or the actual writing things down in my planner/diary has become a thing I rarely do anymore, my days are just too busy. But I will try to be better at it for 2016.

AS far as changing up my spreads/style I have been thinking of dropping some of the embellishment and sticking to purely journal cards and pictures, but I don't know if I can. I love how every single one of my pages looks and my mix of clean pocket style and heavily embellished spots just seems to work for me. Yes, it takes me longer to finish my pages and I get less time to scrap traditional pages for the kids' books, but on the other hand I have the best reference points for future pages to scrap right there in my PL book.

I think I will start with the easy and speedy option and then print my 2015 book. If I love it as much as I think I will and find that the clean look isn't working then I'll lay on the embellishments and stick to what I love.
I feel that PL 2016 products needs to be available in the shop much earlier so that we can look, drool and plan ahead.