Thread: Mommy guilt
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 10:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My twins just started Kindergarten and are pretty good at writing their letters but do not recognize most of them just yet, only the ones in their name and about 10 others. I have the same Mommy guilt thing because it was so easy with my (now 11) year old...I did not have to teach him ANYTHING !!! He and his older brother are 3.5 years apart in age and so Jarrett (the 11 yr old) learned A LOT from us quizzing Dylan. The child taught himself how to read and spell at the tender age of 4 for petes sake...it totally freaked me out!!!! He is in all advanced classes now in Jr. High. Now the twins were a huge struggle with me...I would try for hours with them to teach letters and numbers and stuff with NO success....In comes Hubby and asks them a question or tells them to write something and what do you know...they do it and do it correct!!!!

I too am a SAHM and figured it would be the easiest thing in the world to teach them but it is so much harder than I thought..my DH and I would actually fight about it too.

I am just wondering that if she is there on her own if she will do better...I know my kids do sometimes anyway !!!! I totally understand your guilt but having older sibling is a good thing and she may know more than she is letting on too. That is not obviously true with all kids but you never know!!!!

I hope you feel better about things and I also hope I did not discourage you, that was NOT my intention at all!!!!

{{{hugs}}}

Proudly creating for:
LCC by Amy Stoffel, Cori Gammon, DIGI SCRAP ADDICTS Site CT,
Faith True, Geek Chic Scraps, Jac Bernardo, Laura Banasiak, Litabells Designs, Kelley Mickus, Micheline Martin Designs, Nikki Epperson,
Penny Springmann, SCRAP ORCHARD Site CT, THE DAILY SCRAPPER Site CT