View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 09:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Organizing Photos from Multiple Sources

Just when I think I have something figured out, circumstances change for me. That's the way life goes, I know.

Anyway, for many years my photos all came from one source. I used one camera. (My DSLR) I carried it everywhere with me and didn't take photos with anything else.

These days things are so much more complicated. I still use the Nikon but I also use my iPad (admittedly, photo quality isn't great), a small point and shoot of my daughter's and my phone. My husband also takes photos on his phone, my kids on theirs and then there are all of the photos from other people. These didn't used to even be a thing for us... now there are pictures that people take and text to us, pictures that the school posts via facebook, Flickr, etc. Now I also have pictures that I snag from Facebook of my grandbaby and pictures her mama sends us through text, messenger, etc.

My photos were always organized by year and then by month and day. Nothing brilliant about it, but I could find what I need. Now I find myself with pictures that don't have a specific date because that date isn't transferring in the meta data when I download them or am sent them, etc. Plus some are old photos that people are taking pictures of to send or scanning, etc. It all gets so confusing!

How do you organize from multiple sources? I thought about maybe just doing things by school year for pictures of my kids at school and pictures of them with their friends. I don't know though, that means some of the pictures I take would either be moved into this folder or I'd have them in two places.