View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 11:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't care the source so much as I find it hard to get everything organized when part of my pictures are all uploaded automatically (Eye-Fi) with the date as the file name and then I have random pictures coming from everywhere so unless I change the names to match my others my folders are a mess.

I long gave up trying to keep specific folders for events, etc. I have a decent memory and can usually narrow it down to a year and a month or two so I keep everything by year and then by month.

So, I just round a bunch of photos of my high school kid on Flickr from the school's page. I don't know when they were taken (well, some I do) so I don't know what folder to put them in. If I have everything by year and then some are random it bugs me. I need to think more about my organizing as this is the year to get these pictures under control!

Does anyone use any photo organizing software these days? My home computer is a PC and I don't use anything special. I used ACDSee back in the day but I don't even think I have it anymore. At work I use an iMac and I use iPhoto (I have dragged my feet about updating to Photos, I like the iPhoto format better). I really like that, but I don't keep any personal pictures at school. I just use iPhoto for organizing pictures I take of students/faculty.