View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Since we don't have kids yet, we still do whatever our parents do. For my side of the family, that means presents in the morning. Then my mom, dad, and sister go to noon mass while my brother and I get ready and get the last of the stuff ready for company. If we're not eating with my grandparents then we spend the day in the living room watching tv/movies/football, eating snacks, and just relaxing. Then either the rest of the family comes to our house for dessert, or we go to my aunt and uncle's.
For Jordan's side of the family, we go to church on Christmas eve, open presents on Christmas morning, and then drive up to Pittsburgh to see the rest of the family. They're switching things up this year and going to central PA to see those grandparents instead.
Normally we try and spend New Year's with whatever side of the family we don't see on Christmas. This year that would be Jordan's side, but since his sister is leaving on the 2nd for a semester abroad in London, we're not actually going to see them at all. I'm looking forward to getting to spend NYE with a bunch of friends, celebrating.

Jordan and I both agree though, that once we start our own family all bets are off. Since we're 3.5 hours away from either side of the family, we don't intend to spend all that time in the car with littles. We'll visit before or after Christmas/New Year's, but Christmas Day is going to be spent at home, making our own traditions. I am REALLY looking forward to that.