View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nun69 View Post
thanks Mary..I hope it will get better after this year...the worst part is both of my brother in laws and their families live 20 mins from Matt's parents...so they get to spend XMAS at HOME and then with grandparents...saddest part is, I think my DH is more upset about missing XMAS at his moms then the kids are...funny thing is my MIL said "I know the day will come where everyone won't come here for XMAS and we will just have to go visit"....well, I think this is the year....so I think we are going to invite Matt's real mom {his dad has been remarried for almost 30 years}, since she lives by herself, to come spend XMAS with us and be there XMAS morning when the kids open their gifts on XMAS morning
Angie - yes, it's much harder on ME not being there, than it is for the kids, so I totally know what your DH is feeling. Like I said, my sisters still live in the same town as my mom so they and their families go over there as soon as they are done opening gifts at their own houses and then they have a big gift opening. I call there sometime during the day and it's all I can do to get through that phone call - all those feelings of being there come flooding back and I'm sad I'm not a part of it. But as I've learned, I can't be 2 places at the same time and I choose for us to be at home on our own. You'll have to let us know how your first Christmas in your new house goes!