View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 04:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

P.S. Sorry if the joke's silly, but the site -- or rather, the owner plus that one designer -- might be renamed to Pretty Crappy. :-)

I know at this time it's not a big comfort, but isn't imitation the highest form of flattery? Yup, it's still disgusting, and it's still not right, but this helps to cool the rage. I know what I'm talking about, when I was still writing fanfiction I once found a poem of mine, copied word by word, posted by another title at another's writer's profile. The site in question deleted the post right after I reported it, but I can remember how I was shaking with rage. I can also remember that what I found especially atrocious was that the plagiator made a typo in her title (the only part that was hers). In the end I found the whole story amusing, but at the phase when I was still devastated at the "how can anyone do something like this?" I tried to comfort myself with that "highest form flattery" dogma and it kind of helped. Nobody would steal someone's work and try to earn money by selling it if they didn't thought it was good.

Hugs to all of you girls.

P.S. I still find the owner's behaviour more appalling than the designer's. Maybe not a good parallel, but a kid can do mischief, but a parent should not. When this happened to me as a fanfic writer, the site in question dealt with it professionally. But to cover such a behaviour - yuck!!!

Last edited by adrianka; 03-26-2010 at 04:41 PM.