View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 01:43 AM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

Spoilers....

I finished it today. I have now read 4 books from Nicholas Sparks. I actually thought the tone was consistant with The Lucky One, but different from The Notebook (which I just couldn't finish. I hated that book). I figured out the end right away, but it was interesting watching the whole thing unfold. The book as a whole seemed written to be a movie, if you know what I mean. Very "Lifetime Channel" to me. Overall I'd give it 3.5 stars out of 5.

I will say that once I got to the part with Kevin, I wanted to stop reading. I don't enjoy reading stories about abuse and abusive people. Comparing this book to the Lucky One, I liked the milder way of the controlling ex-husband more than I liked reading about Kevin in this book. Where this story annoyed me was the whole dramatic showdown. So much of that just didn't make sense. Drive the kids away and magically nothing happens in that large chunk of time. And why the heck did he drive them there? That was stupid. Pretty much that whole scene was ridiculous.

I am interested in seeing the movie, but I think I'll be waiting until it comes out on video if it's well rated. Heck, even if it's not well rated, just because it has Josh Duhamel.

I am curious, what movie was similar to this? I must have missed seeing it.