View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 08:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This is the first time I've participated in a book club, so I didn't realise we talked about the book as we went - I was beginning to worry I was the only one finding this book l-o-n-g.

I'm also listening to the story rather than reading (the paperback isn't out over here & library copies for the hardback were non-existant), and although I'm enjoying it & loving how descriptive the author is, I am finding it more than a little long-winded. I'm agreeing with Celeste's comment about more editing required.

I'm about 2/3rds through, and think I have more than good idea where poor Thomas ended up, and have a poor opinion of the oldest sister. Yes, I think Raymond was involved in an incident that lead to the MudMan story too, but I haven't made my mind up whether he was the boy in the story or whether he was the villan - I circle back to the newspaper report that Ediths dad found about a missing child.

I'm relieved to read that the reader at least gets to know the answers in the end - I really don't like to be left hanging!!

I think next month I going to choose a more uplifting, happy story to read...