View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 03:32 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
I need to know what you guys think of physical vs digital vs app. Everything I've done so far is a mix of physical and digital but it takes forever. I've hesitated trying the app because I'm afraid I won't like having just 12x12 pages vs. having cards, etc. Thoughts?
I started doing weekly PL in 2013, and 2016 is the first year I managed to stay relatively caught up. Not only that, but I was finally able to go back to scrapping a decent number of non-PL pages. The only reason I managed it was the app. Using the app speeds me up because I have fewer options (forcing me to simplify my pages) and because there are a lot of times when I can spend 20 minutes on my phone or tablet when I couldn't be at a computer.

When I was thinking about how to approach 2016, I realized that trying to keep up with PL in Photoshop was sucking all the fun out of scrapping for me. I love having the PL pages to look back on, but I don't enjoy making them as much as traditional digital pages. I had to find a way to get them done quickly so I'd also have time for the scrapping I really enjoyed.

I do my app pages differently than most people. Yes, I want them simple and fast, but straight from the app they're too simple for me. After I finish them I pull them into PS, add one of the "pocket" overlays from SSD (I've been using Traci's stitched grids, but I think they were retired), and then add a few small clusters or elements. It's not as fast that way, but it's still much quicker than scrapping the entire thing in PS.

I'm not sure how to answer your question about cards vs. 12x12's. I started doing 2013 in cards, and I didn't like it at all. Within a few months I'd redone all my pages as 12x12's because they didn't stay well in the albums and it was making me nuts.

I hope you're able to find what works well for you!