View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 10:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I love Halloween! I had to dress up for school because we do a costume day, so I made things easy for myself and went as a Snowman (top hat, scarf, white shirt, and 3 black felt circles attached to the shirt as buttons). This year my kids are all repeating costumes. Jason is going as a special ops soldier, Ben is going as a magician, and Lauren is going to be a witch.

In the "good old days," my kids wanted to try their costumes on every day and loved having their photos taken in them. Now they're not as into the costumes and don't go to many Halloween events in costume. So I won't have photos until about 5 minutes before we leave for Trick Or Treating, at which point I'll insist that if they want me to spend 2 hours taking them to get candy, they need to give me 5 minutes for pictures first. Seems like a fair trade to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap-therapy View Post
My kids doesn't like costumes to my great regret. Lol. So I take them clothes on Halloween theme that looks like normal clothes for them but are like little costume for me!
One of my kids is on the autism spectrum, and when he was little he HATED costumes. We got around it by dressing him up in his regular clothes, too--one year he was Bob the Builder just by wearing overalls and a plaid shirt with a toy toolbelt that he liked wearing. Another year we'd gotten him a costume that he picked out, but we knew there was a 50% chance he'd refuse to wear it the day of Halloween. Our backup was going to be just putting him in his raincoat, which looked like a Firefighter's jacket--if we'd mentioned that he was dressed as a firefighter he would have melted down, but just "it's cold out; wear this coat" passed muster.