View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 10:17 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

We've come a long way on the breastfeeding thing but some still find it very uncomfortable to be around. Most employers have lactation rooms now. If in a hotel you can take your milk to the front desk if no frig in your room and they will put it in a frig/freezer for you to pick up next day. However, bf in public is still not that common. As for families, yes the bottle thing can be an issue still. My gf went through that with her mom who just didn't understand why she wouldn't allow them to give bottles as supplements so they didn't have to deal with the breastmilk. It caused some family rows.

As for "just a mother" I was a little surprised by that. We have a huge population of white collar job husbands with stay at home moms in some of the more affluent areas where I am. Being able to stay home with the kids for them is almost a status symbol. My sil and cousin's wife are in that group. They are PTA presidents, involved in every charity, and are very positive in groups that they "get" to stay home and spend times with their kids. So I did have a little difficulty relating to this piece. Maybe it depends on where you live? Not sure.