View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 10:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by abm234 View Post
Somebody help me decide because templates need to be purchased and a plan needs made. I just start to get a little twitchy when I think about simple and no embellishments. I tell myself I'll use all those pretty SSD products on all the traditional pages I'll have time to make if I simplify PL.
Truly simple makes me feel a little twitchy, too! I ended up going for a middle ground this year. I start with a simple page and finish all the photos and cards. Then I add stitching, a small cluster on my date card, and a handful of other embellishments. I keep a folder on my computer of my go-to embellishments: flowers in an assortment of colors, word art and stamps that are perfect for PL, snowflakes and other seasonal symbols, scatter, bows, etc. It's a big enough folder that I don't feel like I'm using the same things over and over, but I keep it small enough that I can find the right embellishments quickly.

My original plan was to limit the time I'm allowed to spend embellishing (ie, 15 minutes a page), but I didn't like the pages I was making. I switched to limiting my number of embellishments instead of my time, and that's working better. It's not a perfect system and it still isn't as streamlined as I want it to be, but limiting what I add has helped a lot. My pages also have a lot fewer layers than they used to. Each section of the pocket page gets a photo or a card. I used to do a lot more with layering papers, using photos and papers in the same slot, etc.