View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 03:56 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm so glad you're trying hybrid! It's incredible!

I don't use really course sandpaper but not too fine either. Somewhere in the middle (or whatever I have in the house). Just sand up the edges like you would the rough edges of a piece of wood.

You need ink pads to ink the edges...here's 2 I recommned: Versa Mark Dew Drops and Colorbox Cat Eye inks. You want ones that will dry quickly. The Cat Eyes come in pigment ink and chalking ink - you want chalking because those dry quickly without the help of embossing powders. I personally like the Versa Mark ones. They are sold in singles at scrapbook stores (my local scrapbook store has them at least) or sometimes I buy the 4 packs available at Michael's or Joann's (w/one of their coupons of course!). All you have to do is hold the ink pad in your hand (they're small) at an angle and with the ink in your hand run it along the side of a page. I have an example of a maya road album in my gallery (arrow album "Cherry Blossom Festival") if you want to see the edges inked (I did them in purple for that album). It's really just trial and error. Don't expect it to be perfect - inking the edges is supposed to be grungy anyway! You may want to practice on a scrap sheet of paper before committing to the album.

GOOD LUCK!